Winter Intern - Digital Media
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Don’t want to spend your semester at a typical run of the mill internship, running errands and getting coffee for the office? Come feed your curiosity and learn what it takes to succeed in the digital media landscape at Whalerock Industries! At Whalerock Industries, we’re a powerhouse of innovative minds creating cutting-edge content distributed across a variety of platforms.
Are you eager to learn? Always wanting to be ahead of the game? A team player? A social media guru? Yes to all these questions? Well, Whalerock Industries is looking for students like you to help work on our digital properties this Winter 2017! Our internship program runs from 1/23/17 through 4/28/17. It’s a paid internship and students must be able to work 2 full days a week (16 hours total).
The ideal digital media intern…
• Work with and across all of our digital brands, which include Wonderwall.com, Mom.me, and PurpleClover.com, as well as our subscription based digital properties
• Learn to perfect your research skills and how to package content successfully and efficiently
• Collaborate with teams to help write engaging content that is seen by millions of people online
• Help to update social media pages across all platforms for each of our digital brands
• Gain knowledge about SEO, Content Management Systems, e-mail marketing, video platforms, and more
• Have the opportunity to develop and pitch an original idea to the leadership team
• Participate in “Lunch & Learns”- opportunities to grab a bite and pick the brains of the leadership team
• A team player
• A self-starter
• Strongly interested in writing, digital media, and social media
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and local to Los Angeles
• Willing to take direction and see assignments through completion in a timely manner
• Preferably studying English/Journalism/Communications/New Media or a similar field
• Available to work onsite at our West Hollywood office two full 8 hour days a week (16 hours total) from 1/23/17 through 4/28/17.
To be considered for this opportunity, we MUST receive all of the following from you:
• Cover statement telling us why you are the BEST candidate for our internship
• Detailed availability for Winter 2017 (January - April) in Los Angeles