Sr. Software Engineer, Automation
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer, Automation to join our engineering team. You will be working hands-on with our engineering and product management teams to ensure that the feature development and enhancements to our digital brands meet high quality standards from a business & functional perspective. The ideal candidate requires minimal supervision and can develop test cases based on product requirements & test goals.
You will be responsible for manual and automated testing of a suite of websites and mobile apps. We have a strong commitment to quality, and employ a fast-paced, agile development methodology. You are a strong team player, a fast learner, and a self-starter, and are interested in increasing your automation skills over time.
The ideal candidate…
• Perform all testing activities across websites, mobile sites and mobile apps.
• Perform exploratory, functional, system, reliability testing and regression testing on web products.
• Perform load, performance, stress and functional automated testing.
• Create, maintain and write test cases & automation scripts.
• Analyze and report test case results.
• Proactively improve existing QA process through the application of industry trends and best practices.
• Analytical and attentive to detail and process orientation (not only are you good at these, but have a passion for them as well.)
• Experienced with mobile app testing (a big plus)
• Excellent with cross-functional communication & influencing skills
• Understanding of software engineering and development lifecycle
• Able to navigate around software development management tools like it was second nature (we use GitHub, Trello and Jira here)
• A problem solver. That is, understand the problem, gather as much information as possible, do the legwork to figure it out and communicate the solution effectively. This will be critical to the success of this role.
• Able to build test plans and work independently.
• 3 years QA experience in a fast-paced online environment; high-traffic website experience a real plus.
• Experience with test automation frameworks such as TestNG, Selenium, Robot Framework or similar technologies.
• Ability to create/modify JMeter scripts.
• A solid understanding of web site infrastructure - e.g., you know what caching is.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience.
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?