Sr. Editor- Fashion, Beauty and Style
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is seeking an experienced Senior Editor, 6-10 years (at least 4 years online) with a proven background in new media for a high-profile website.
This person should have a great understanding and passion for the online women’s beauty / style / fashion space, and demonstrate a clever and thoughtful approach to these areas, while also possessing a breadth of knowledge across other pop culture / lifestyle areas of interest. This position will include traditional editorial responsibilities (writing, photo selection, publishing, top editing), as well as maintaining editorial calendar of site, informing and supporting strategic business and social media initiatives, driving PR announcements and escalate outreach campaigns, own the management of day to day and long term operational editorial production, and work across departments on monetization strategy / execution.
The ideal candidate…
• Drive the overall content strategy and production for the site of a celebrity influencer– including developing original content ideas, editorial calendar management, competitive positioning and tone
• Editorially manage the digital arm of a multi-faceted, multi-media brand, by partnering with talent to make their vision a success
• Write original website copy and edit junior staffers as well as third-party content that supports the voice, tone, and style of the site
• Push fresh, compelling and relevant content live in real-time deadline driven environment utilizing internal content management system
• Make great choices, craft clever headlines, and tease copy
• Work with Executive Management, Product, Ad Sales, Business Development, video production and staff editors to create content that drives the business forward.
• Help manage larger strategic site initiatives
• Traffic editorial work flow to support new development - interacting with partners, freelancers, and internal teams
• Spearhead innovative social media initiatives
• Coordinate with publicist to drive PR and marketing outreach
• Work closely with the video team to develop original video content
• An excellent writer and a quick thinker
• Creative, enthusiastic and efficient
• Able to work independently under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• A pop culture enthusiast
• Passionate about women’s style, beauty, celebrity, pop culture, etc.
• A good leader and communicator
• 6-10 years (at least 4 years online)
• B.A. Required
• Knowledge of publishing tools and applications, as well as an understanding of basic principles of Web content production mandatory including hands on experience with CMS publishing systems
• Solid comfort level working in digital media, and strong computer skills
• Experience working in a talent/celebrity driven environment
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?