Software Engineer, iOS
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is currently looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer, IOS. The Software Engineer, IOS develops and maintains native applications for the Apple iOS and tvOS platforms. This role is also responsible for making contributions to the overall development of the practice and team capabilities for mobile application development.
The ideal candidate also…
• Prototype, architect, build and maintain applications for iOS and tvOS
• Contribute to the development of the WRI Native Mobile App frameworks
• Promote and support best practices for software development?
• Provide mentoring to other engineers in native app development
• Be a champion for quality by improving process, developing test cases and test plans
• Maintain and monitor apps for performance, crashes, bugs and usability
• Manage deployment and release to the App Store?
• Contribute to a team culture of ownership, accountability, quality and individual growth
• Successful and timely with delivery of high quality apps to the App Store marketplace
• Enthusiastic about the development of the WRI Native App Frameworks?
• Focused on quality assurance and improving native app development process
• Able to incorporate tools and measures for performance, crash/bug reporting, and UX A/B testing
• A mentor and willing to train nonmobile engineers on the team in native app development
• Responsible for producing documentation for development process, standards, conventions, test cases, test plans
• Expertise with ObjectiveC, Swift, IOS Frameworks, XCode and open source components
• Experience building and releasing consumer apps for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
• The ability to architect and integrate apps with backend and 3rd party API’s
• Demonstrated success mentoring engineers in IOS development?
• The capability of defining mobile architecture, creating and contributing to app frameworks
• Willingness and ability to adhere to and improve processes for mobile app development
• Taken ownership of quality throughout the lifecycle of an app build
• Published applications to App store with multiple releases?
• Superb verbal and written communication
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?