Software Engineer, Full Stack
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries, an entertainment digital media company, is currently looking for a Software Engineer, Full Stack. The Software Engineer, Full Stack develops and maintains mobile and desktop websites. As a Full Stack Engineer, this role is also responsible for owning the end to end development and deployment of software keeping security and quality best practices in mind.
The ideal candidate…
• Contribute to multiple new and existing projects.
• Promote and support best practices for software development including writing secure code.
• Design and build new features and maintain existing features for responsive websites.
• Be a champion for quality by improving processes and writing unit tests.
• Maintain and monitor the websites for performance, crashes, bugs and usability.
• Be able to work in a fast paced continuous integration/continuous deployment environment.
• Contribute to a team culture of ownership, accountability, quality and individual growth.
• Successful and timely with delivery of high quality code.
• A participator in software architecture discussions.
• A contributor to the development of mobile and desktop websites.
• Constantly working on improving the software development process with a focus on quality assurance, unit tests, and security.
• Able to incorporate tools and measures for performance, error reporting, analytics and UX A/B testing.
• A collaborator with other engineers on guidelines for building new and updating existing features.
• Able to produce documentation for development process, standards, and conventions.
• Experience working with React/Redux or other similar Flux implementations.
• Been able to architect and integrate software with 3rd party SDKs/APIs.
• Working knowledge of SQL / NoSQL databases and various caching technologies.
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming principles.
• The ability to take ownership of quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Demonstrated success mentoring engineers in software development.
• Superb verbal and written communication.
• Knowledge of SEO a plus.
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?