Social Media Manager - Fashion, Beauty and Celebrity
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 10:46:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Manager - Fashion, Beauty and Celebrity jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Social Media Manager - Fashion, Beauty and Celebrity postings
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is seeking an experienced social media and community manager for its style, fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and/or celebrity categories for a high-profile, talent-based website. The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of digital experience with a proven record of success in growing a robust and engaged online audience through social media marketing and other traffic-driving initiatives.
The ideal candidate should also have a great understanding and passion for the women’s style, beauty, and celebrity space, and demonstrate a clever and thoughtful strategic approach to this area, while also possessing a breadth of knowledge across other lifestyle and pop-culture areas of interest.
The ideal candidate…
• Oversee the day-to-day execution of the social media plan, posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other social networks
• Drive growth and creative strategy in brand audience as measured by site visits, community activity and engagement
• Work with the lead editor to help create and implement a social media strategy for the brand
• Work with content and product teams to implement traffic-driving initiatives, including link partnerships, syndication, contests, SEM, SEO, on-site registration and newsletter subscriptions
• Moderate any UGC components of the site
• Build content when needed to feed the various social channels
• Provide analytics and reporting around social media and community engagement
• Inform content production based on what’s trending in search and social media
• Serve as community liaison, highlighting good PR opportunities (including events), and identifying community influencers, potential link partners, and developing relationships
• A creative and strategic thinker who can create an informed plan…then you roll your sleeves up and get the job done
• Up-to-the-minute with knowledge of all social media platforms, and you relish tracking—and beating—every algorithmic shift they throw your way
• Influential with their social network that will enable you to amplify the reach of the brand
• Creative balanced with the ability to work with speed and efficiency
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes
• Have the emotional intelligence and good judgment required to be an outward facing representative of a high profile brand
• A minimum of 4-6 years experience in social media management or related field
• A Bachelor’s degree
• A finely-tuned sense of what engages this audience
• A strong knowledge of social media marketing and a good working knowledge of SEO best practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively to get the job done
• Experience in paid social acquisition
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?