Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is currently looking for a Production Counsel. The Production Counsel will manage day to day production legal on a wide variety of filmed entertainment produced by Whalerock Studios for TV, Film and Digital distribution.
The ideal candidate also…
• Negotiate and draft a wide range of production related agreements across multiple projects
• Evaluate production formats for risk, general liability, and insurance issues
• Negotiate and draft above the line and below the line deal memos
• Advise on production-related union/entertainment guild issues and non-union employment law issues
• Evaluate all productions and advise on clearance and rights related issues
• Supervise the internal and external delivery of all production and legal deliverables
• Negotiate and draft non-disclosure agreements, rights agreements, employment agreements and other contracts, as necessary, in the ordinary course of business
• Provide on-going business and legal advice to internal and external clients concerning production, clearance and other issues, as needed.
• A superior negotiator with a high level of attention to detail
• Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume environment, and remain composed under pressure
• JD from top law school, and admission to at least one U.S. state bar (CA preferred)
• 2 years prior production legal experience (experience in Unscripted TV and/or Documentaries strongly preferred)
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with demonstrated track record of sound legal and business judgment
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?