Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Are you a pop culture, celebrity and entertainment expert? We are looking for a celebrity savvy editor!
Wonderwall provides users with the hottest celebrity photos, the latest celebrity gossip and breaking news. And we’re looking for an eager, creative editor to build engaging content around Hollywood’s biggest stars.
• Report directly to Lead Editor
• Write, research and post engaging daily content (galleries and articles) with speed and accuracy
• Write with a point-of-view; be clever and creative
• Collaborate with other editors
• Manage social media platform(s)
• Interview celebrities
• Attend red carpet premieres, junkets, and company events when needed as a representative of the brand
• Perform weekend duty once or twice a month in rotation with other team members
• Work all the big awards shows, which may involve being in the office on select weekends
• Take part in monthly, weekly, and ad-hoc brainstorms
• Clever and creative
• Able to accept feedback and learn from mistakes
• Social media savvy
• An excellent writer with top editing skills
• A quick thinker, creative, enthusiastic, efficient and able to work independently under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• 2-3 years working in the online entertainment journalism space
• A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or a related field
• Familiarity with photo editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop) and content management systems
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior celebrity news judgment
• Bonus if you have any skills in video editing
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project time frames.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.