Director, Social Media
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/9/2016 4:46:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Director, Social Media jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Director, Social Media postings
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is a ground-breaking media and technology company that creates 360-degree digital experiences for leading celebrities, influencers and major brands. We are looking for a talented content creator and social media programmer who is passionate about country music and country culture. In this role, you will be creating digital content and developing social media strategy to engage and grow an audience for the major high-profile country music media brand, CMT. Already huge, this brand is ready to modernize and embrace your fresh ideas to reach an even broader audience.
The ideal candidate …
• Drive growth in brand audience as measured by fans/following and key engagement metrics across all social media platforms
• Manage all aspects of social media production and programming across all social media channels, including mentoring and developing a small team
• Produce social-media content including videos, memes, GIFs, live posts, and events etc., as well as directing other team members in producing content that is both highly engaging and on-brand
• Work closely with the brand client to navigate talent and other approvals, priorities, calendars, and day-to-day concerns
• Build community by moderating comments and other UGC elements of the social media channels
• Provide analytics and reporting around social media and community engagement
• Serve as community liaison, identifying influencers and potential partners and developing relationships
• A strategic thinker who can create an informed plan…then roll up sleeves up and get the job done
• Obsessed with social media, tracking analytics, and building audience engagement
• Completely plugged in to the country music scene – with an up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest news, stars, trends, obsessions, and a natural ability to speak to country music fans in their own voice, like a best friend
• Creative balanced with the ability to work with speed and efficiency
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• A minimum of five years experience in digital media and two years managing social media channels
• A Bachelor’s degree
• A finely-tuned sense of what engages this audience
• A strong knowledge of social media marketing and a good working knowledge of SEO best practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively to get the job done
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you