Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Whalerock Industries engineering team develops a web platform that powers very successful Internet brands that we operate ourselves. Our brands bring world-class premium content and experiences to tens of millions of people every month across all devices and screens. We are taking the platform to the next level in terms of feature set and scale. With multiple exciting and challenging new brands launching this year, our team is growing rapidly.
Whalerock Industries is currently looking for a DevOps/Security Engineer. The DevOps/Security Engineer will be responsible for keeping our applications and infrastructure secure and training our teams in building more secure software.
The ideal candidate…
• Ensure applications, data and infrastructure are secure at all times.
• Implement security policies & best practices for teams internally and for 3rd party integrations.
• Collaborate with teams to deploy new security-related tools & processes across the organization.
• Be on-call for urgent security issues.
• Drive discussions during security incidents and forensics.
• Lead the effort for software and infrastructure security training across the organization.
• Incorporate processes that protect the business while supporting rapid deployment.
• Institute and maintain a secure infrastructure for all properties and services
• Implement penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools.
• Achieve high availability and uptime for all systems.
• A collaborator with engineering teams on processes and architecture.
• On top of latest infrastructure and DevOps technologies and processes, and the latest security vulnerabilities.
• The advocate for security, reliability, performance, redundancy and monitoring best practices
• A champion a team culture of ownership, accountability, quality and individual growth.
• Able to educate the team on security best practices.
• Able to accomplish tasks based on the estimates provided.
• Experience in implementing and managing security best practices.
• Experience securing consumer websites, mobile applications & infrastructure.
• Experience with penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools.
• Experience building applications using Python or other object-oriented languages.
• Knowledge of AWS and microservices architecture a plus.
• Developed quality solutions providing short and long term value with varying time and resources
• Native ability to choose the right resources, tools and methodologies for the job..
• Provided close to accurate estimates in getting tasks done.
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?