Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/8/2016 12:46:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Controller jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Controller postings
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is looking for a Controller. Reporting to the CFO, this position will provide effective management of the Accounting function. This person will be responsible for all aspects of the monthly close process along with establishing and implementing fiscal controls following best practices to meet the highest standards of institutional accountability and compliance with all external requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and lead the accounting and back-office financial operations for a rapidly growing independent media/technology company.
The ideal candidate also…
• Manage team of three individuals.
• Supervise all Accounting functions including accounts payable, receivables, general ledger, tax, audit, and financial reporting.
• Manage and drive the monthly accounting closing process including, maintaining the general and subsidiary ledgers, to ensure accuracy and completion within acceptable deadlines.
• Own all three financial statements ensuring all reconciliations are performed timely and accurately.
• Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
• Oversee and review the preparation of various schedules including trends of expenses, account and bank reconciliations and cash flow support schedules.
• Support preparation of monthly financial review packet for distribution to Sr. Management and investors.
• Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to comply with GAAP, tax and other requirements; maintain and improve accounting systems and procedures in response to regulatory changes that affect accounting standards.
• Develop effective methodology to determine and track allocation and burden rates for businesses.
• Responsible for the administration and integrity of the payroll process.
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation and review of accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, management reports and other analysis as required.
• Liaise with External auditors, and ensure compliance with GAAP requirements, including drafting and updating process narratives, and maintenance of requirement documentation.
• Manage tax compliance and optimization, liaising with external accounting firm to ensure compliance with all tax codes.
• Coordinate and support multiple outsourced functions including payroll processing, 401k administration, insurance and tax compliance.
• Establish relationship with Company’s banks to ensure they provide products and services as necessary.
• Provide any ad hoc analysis/projects required.
• A demonstrated leader a track record of exceptional performance in senior accounting roles.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with Finance, Business Development and other internal/external parties.
• Strong critical thinker and is not afraid to express their opinion.
• Someone who always follows through on commitments.
• A balanced strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• Someone with integrity and honesty as a core value.
• A self-starter, with a confident and professional attitude.
• Able to use experience to make good judgment calls- comfortable operating in a growing and changing environment with multiple unknowns.
• Able to learn quickly and demonstrate significant brainpower in complex environments.
• Calm under pressure; can multi-task and prioritize areas of focus.
• Someone who sets and expects high standards and holds people accountable.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Licensed CPA required.
• 10 years accounting experience .
• 3 years of experience with a Big 4 CPA firm in auditing.
• Additional experience in private industry a plus.
• Strong GAAP accounting knowledge.
• Solid accounting systems knowledge, preferably with system implementation experience.
• Quickbooks experience.
• Intermediate / Advance MS Excel.
• Prior entertainment or online experience at a studio, network, or online company preferred.
• Prior experience using ADP or similar payroll management system preferred.
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humour.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?