Business Operations Executive
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is an independent, next generation, media and technology company - a unique hybrid built for the unbundled world. We create and operate first-of-their-kind experiences, delivered directly to consumers by unlocking and exploiting the value of brands across traditional and digital media. We believe the most successful brands will partner with great publishers and producers to: create content that builds, moves, and aligns audiences; develops compelling experiences; shares data & insights; leverages co-marketing opportunities; and, above all, builds brands.
We are looking for a strong Business Operations Executive who is obsessed with identifying and building media brands and experiences. The right candidate must be a beast when it comes to storytelling (building concise and compelling pitch decks) and coming up with ways to partner with some of the biggest brands/talent in the world. Finally, they must have experience in strategy or business operations within a media or digital environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Identify, analyze, evaluate, and execute strategic digital media partnerships and initiatives
• Collaborate with Ad Sales, Finance, Product, Engineering, Editorial, and Digital Video teams to communicate key strategies and priorities
• Lead, direct and coordinate strategic projects, including launching new businesses, supporting implementation plans and communication of those plans to appropriate functional teams
• Develop opportunities across various digital, video, and mobile platforms to drive traffic and revenue, to access content, and to optimally position and extend our digital brands
• Perform research, deal sourcing and origination, and negotiation of digital partnership agreements with brands
• Build and leverage relationships with emerging partners in digital and media
• A thought leader on the team in the proposal and evaluation of strategic opportunities
• Able to identify value creating opportunities for Whalerock Industries
• Knowledgeable and has a deep understanding of online, advertising, video, mobile and social media
• Results-oriented, proactive, self-motivated and highly responsive with excellent communication skills, at all levels of the organization
• A team player with demonstrated experience working with and leading cross-functional projects
• An intelligent executive who quickly assesses situations & acts in an informed, decisive manner
• Meaningful years of combined experience in Business, Strategy, Consulting or Finance within a media environment
• A Bachelor’s Degree required and advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing business development partnerships, acquisitions or joint ventures, including strategy, contract negotiation, success metrics, etc.
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a demonstrated track record of sound business judgment
• Strong organizational, analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
• Established relationships within entertainment and digital business development communities
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and highly proficient at time management
• Worked effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment & remain composed under pressure
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?