Associate Editor - Beauty, Fashion, and Music
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 11:46:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor - Beauty, Fashion, and Music jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Associate Editor - Beauty, Fashion, and Music postings
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is seeking an experienced assistant editor/writer, 2-3 years of experience (at least 1 year online) with a proven background in the fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and/or music categories for a high-profile, talent-based website.
The ideal candidate should have a great understanding and passion for the women’s style, beauty, and music space, and demonstrate a creative, clever and thoughtful approach to this area, while also possessing a breadth of knowledge across other lifestyle and pop-culture areas of interest. Position will be focused on daily editorial (writing, photo selection, publishing) and knowledge of publishing tools and applications. This role reports to the Executive Editor.
The ideal candidate…
• Support the entire Editorial team to help improve the organization and flow of content.
• Assist with content packaging which includes writing original website copy and packaging partner copy, selecting photos and videos, and other rich media content that supports the voice, tone, and style of site.
• Push fresh, creative, compelling and relevant content live in real-time deadline driven environment utilizing internal content management system.
• Make great choices, craft clever headlines and tease copy.
• Pitch and package content promotions to third parties.
• Help manage and moderate an active community and social media presence.
• Work with Ad Sales team, Sr. Editor, and Executive Editor on content packages for advertiser.
• Work with video team to come up with creative video concepts.
• An excellent writer and a quick thinker.
• Extremely creative, enthusiastic and efficient.
• Able to work independently under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
• A pop culture and music enthusiast.
• Passionate and able to create a voice for and about women’s lifestyle, beauty and music.
• A minimum of 2-3 years of editorial experience with a proven background in relevant categories
• A Bachelor's or equivalent work experience
• An understanding of basic principles of Web content production mandatory including hands on experience with CMS publishing systems
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?