Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is expanding quickly and strategically and is focused on building successful digital publishing brands with valuable revenue potential. We are seeking an entrepreneurial sales professional with a proven track record of selling creative digital advertising and marketing initiatives across multiple platforms. This role will focus on Whalerock’s Lifestyle portfolio, including Mom.me, Purple Clover and Wonderwall and will be based in Los Angeles.
This Account Executive will be responsible for growing national sales of content-driven campaigns, encompassing media buys, native/branded content, influencer programs, event sponsorships, social media activations and more. The successful candidate will have pre-existing relationships with target brands (clients) and their agencies, and be able to quickly expand that network to fit the offerings of Whalerock’s properties.
This position will collaborate with the Sales Development, Sales Planning, and Account Management teams for flawless pitch and campaign execution.
The ideal candidate…
• Utilize strong prospecting skills to create opportunities and develop new business accounts to exceed revenue goals
• Communicate Whalerock’s unique value proposition to brands and agencies through meetings, speaking opportunities, industry events, trade shows, and written materials
• Collaborate with Sales Development on sales positioning of proactive programs, editorial calendar launches/opportunities, and new product developments/changes for existing clients and prospective brands
• Report and track all revenue including sales activity and deal pipeline to ensure sales goals are consistently met and/or exceeded
• Provide feedback to Whalerock product and business teams about the needs and successes in the market
• Identify and understand trends within emerging and social media
• Analyze data and use it to effectively grow the business
• A proven leader, exceptional communicator, and compelling presenter with excellent negotiation skills
• Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to everything you do: self-motivated, resourceful, innovating, forward-thinking, accountable, and committed
• Highly detailed with knowledge of marketing trends, emerging media, consumer insights and the latest digital/social/mobile/video/interactive technologies
• Flexible and enthusiastic to work within a fast-moving and ever-changing organization
• A minimum of 3-5 years selling to both agency and direct clients, ideally in the content-driven market
• A solid Rolodex and background in selling to senior level marketing executives on both the agency and client side
• A strong track record of success driving revenue through aggressive prospecting, creating new business and sustainably growing existing business: have a “closing” mentality
• The ability to create and/or update presentation materials as needed
• The willingness to travel and entertain clients during evenings/weekends as appropriate
• A Bachelor’s Degree
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?