Intern - Ticket Sales & Services
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2017 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Ticket Sales & Services jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Ticket Sales & Services postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Intern, Ticket Sales & Services will assist with the continued success of the Ticket Sales & Services Department of the Washington Nationals Baseball Club. The primary responsibilities of this position include: assisting management in the creation and implementation of NATS PLUS Membership sales/service events; fulfilling benefits/experiences related to the NATS PLUS Membership program, Group Sales initiatives, Red Carpet Rewards program, and Ticket Exchange program; and serving as a frontline customer service presence to Season Plan Holders, Group Buyers and single event attendees. The Intern, Ticket Sales & Services will have the opportunity to learn the daily business operations of a baseball team, including all special programs and initiatives created to drive revenue, attendance and customer loyalty.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide gameday support for NATS PLUS Membership benefit initiatives
• Act as a frontline representative for the Ticket Sales & Services department
• Provide outstanding customer service and broad knowledge to Plan Holders
• Assist with fulfillment of various Membership benefits
• Support the facilitation of experiential-based auction winners
• Assist Group Sales with theme night initiatives (Ladies Night, Scout Day, Camp Day, Weather Day, etc.)
• Assist with set-up and implementation of NATS PLUS Sales/Service Events (in stadium and out)
• Assist with game day duties as needed
• Assist with administrative tasks for the department/executive team (i.e. presentation creation, special projects, mailings, data entry, research, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Strong customer service, organizational, and time management skills are required, in order to best meet client needs, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed.
• Must be able to address and solve problems quickly and effectively.
• Candidate must be sufficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Must be available to work nights, holidays, and weekends for Nationals home games and sales/service events as needed, in addition to normal office hours.
• Punctual and reliable attendance.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through October, 2017?