Intern - Ticket Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2017 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Ticket Operations jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Ticket Operations postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Intern will provide continuous coverage of service and support in all four box office locations and for preparation to begin and close each area on a daily basis. Interns should assist the Ticket Operations Department in providing a wider more intensive service net for our external and internal customers.
The Intern will work closely with the Ticket Operations staff in the selling, printing, and mailing of group tickets, season tickets, and single game ticket requests. The Intern will assist in the processing of internal CRM departmental requests and will be instrumental in the fulfillment of Nationals season ticket holder initiatives such as the Nationals Ticket Exchange Program. Candidates should possess superior customer service skills and must work well in a fast paced environment.
The Intern will be provided the opportunity to experience the daily and gameday functions of a MLB ticket operations department. Candidates must have prior customer service experience as well as be experienced with internet and web based browsers/searches, MS Office applications such as Excel, Word & Powerpoint, and have superior writing/reading comprehension. Prior experience in the handling and reconciliation of cash is required.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: February to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the processing, printing and distribution of season, group and individual game tickets and cards
• Process ticket exchanges in accordance with the Nationals Season Ticket Holder Exchange policy
• Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns
• Support in supervision of seasonal ticket seller staff
• Assist in the generation of reports based on promotions, sales, inventory, etc.
• Utilize automated ticketing system, Tickets.com ProVenue, to process all internal & external ticket requests
• Assist in tracking and reporting discounts and total ticket numbers
• Update policies and procedures manual and assist in special projects
• Provide customer service support on gamedays in the Ticket Services lobby
• Assist with administrative tasks for the department, i.e. CRM, data entry, updating spreadsheets, filling, faxing, general office work
• Aid in the gameday preparation of the box offices including, outfitting supplies, stanchion setup, signage placement, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Desire and passion to work in sports and Ticket Operations.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Experience processing and handling cash and/or other payment methods.
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
• An effective communicator both orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and the Internet
• Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
• Prior experience in a customer service/retail environment.
• Proficiency in typing.
• Computerized ticketing experience, particularly in the Tickets.com Provenue operating system, is desired yet is not a prerequisite.
• Fluently bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in February through October, 2017?