Intern - Retail Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2017 7:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Retail Operations jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Retail Operations postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This internship, reporting to the General Manager, Retail, is responsible for supporting end-to-end retail operations, including supporting scheduling, receiving, transfers, store support, and visual merchandising. The position will also gain insight into the planning and forecasting involved in a comprehensive, first-class retail operation.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to November
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Retail Team with daily operations support in retail locations
• Assist Operations Manager with staff scheduling
• Assist customers in all retail locations
• Prepare and participate in Staff Orientation and Training
• Assist with daily reconciliations, deposits and cash handling
• Participate in hiring and interviewing process for Event Staff
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• Pursuing a degree or received a degree in Business or Retail preferred.
• Experience with Retail Pro Software preferred
• Retail experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Engaging personality with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
• Works well in a fast paced team environment
• Multi-tasker, proactively seeks out opportunities to support the team
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through November, 2017