Intern - Promotions & Events
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2017 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Promotions & Events jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Promotions & Events postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The intern position is an integral part of the Promotions & Events department, as the individual to fill this role will be exposed to and relied upon to assist with a variety of game-day initiatives to include: Jr. Nationals Kids Club, Promotional Giveaways, Fan Appreciation, and numerous theme nights.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: January to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in all promotional activities related to home games
• Assist with organization and maintenance of promotional inventory for the Promotions and Events department
• Assisting in the distribution of promotional items on game-days
• Assisting with the youth marketing initiatives including Jr. Nationals Kids Club and Kids Run The Bases. Must be present for Sunday home games.
• Serve as a liaison to fans at the Jr. Nationals Kids Club kiosk on Sunday home games
• Assist in the procurement of tickets, credentials and parking for game-day requests
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, Promotions & Events
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as a under graduate or graduate student of an accredited College or University and have completed 1 semester, or a recent graduate within the last 6 months.
• Experience in event planning is not required, but recommended.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Excellent communication skills (via phone, e-mail, letters, etc.)
• Positive and friendly personality
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Self-motivating - can maintain productivity with little supervision.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in January through October, 2017