Intern - Production
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The production intern is an invaluable part of our production staff. Having a highly qualified intern enables us to create new and improved content while also providing an incredible learning experience for the intern. The intern assists with all aspects of our game day and non-game day productions and has the opportunity to perform many of the same tasks of our full and part time staff. The intern will gain hands-on experience in production and post-production, as well as opportunities to enhance the department.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: February to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Edit videos with a fast turnaround for Nationals Park video board, web and TV
• Video duplication to multiple formats
• Log and capture videos, help maintain production equipment and workflow
• Assist with updating and maintaining web elements
Game Day Execution
• Assist with setup and execution of pregame and in-game elements
• Assist with setup and breakdown of cameras and equipment
• Train on multiple game day production positions
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Must have video production experience including non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere), writing, camera operation, lighting and audio set up
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must be Mac savvy
• Must possess interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Must have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
• Must be knowledgeable of the Washington Nationals players, baseball statistics, rules and records
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in January through October, 2017?
3. Please include a link to your demo reel here...