Intern - Guest Experience
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Intern’s primary responsibilities will be assisting the Guest Experience team on various projects. They are needed to help ensure that various tasks are completed during the season within a timely manner. The internship program will provide the students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience with a professional baseball organization.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of internship: March through October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with Guest Experience Wardrobe, ensuring that uniform inventories are maintained.
• Assist with our Guest Experience Lost and Found Program.
• Assist the Senior Manager of Guest Experience with day to day events.
• Assist in pre-game and/or post game check lists making sure that all partner companies are ready for upcoming games.
• Assist with the Team Service Rewards and Recognition Program.
• General clerical office duties, filing and data entry
• Help greet and direct guests to areas in the ballpark upon their arrival
• Develop a working knowledge of Nationals Ballpark
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as a under graduate or graduate student of an accredited College or University and have completed 1 semester or recent graduates of undergraduate or graduate school (that have graduated within 6 months) or equivalent military experience.
• Experience in hospitality operations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Communicate articulately
• Be able to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once
• Available to work all home games including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Include one or more of the following:
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through October, 2017?