Intern - Groundskeeping
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2017 9:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Groundskeeping jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Groundskeeping postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals are seeking qualified individuals for the upcoming 2017 baseball season as seasonal interns. Nationals Park, home of the Washington Nationals, is located along the banks of the Anacostia River in the Navy Yard neighborhood of Southeast D.C. Opening in 2008, Nationals Park has been the home venue of the Washington Nationals Baseball Club and has also hosted a wide range of non-baseball events.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of the internship: March - October 2017
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain all clay areas to MLB Specifications: Game mound, homeplate, bullpen mounds, infield dirt areas, warning track.
• Assist with all fertilizer calibrations to efficiently apply fertilizers/fungicides/ insecticides.
• Assist with all cultural practices to the playing field: aeration, verticutting, topdressing, mowing, edging.
• Assist in field painting: foul lines, coaches' boxes, logos, etc.
• Maintain a well-organized, clean shop as well as maintain and service all field equipment.
• Maintain all exterior landscaped areas: mowing, edging, fertilizing, mulching, water flowers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Currently enrolled or recent graduate of an accredited University with a concentration in Turf Management or related field and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Available to work days, nights, holidays, weekends, and overtime if necessary.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with employees while adapting to new ideas and techniques.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/ or frequently deal with a rapidly changing work schedule and environment throughout the day.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Grounds: Groundskeeping employees perform most of their work outdoors in all kinds of weather. The job is not considered dangerous; however, groundskeeping employees working with tools and machines, can be injured if they use them carelessly.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Are you available to work between March 1 and October 1, 2017?
2. Yes/No. Are you currently enrolled or a recent graduate of an accredited University with a concentration in Turf Management or related field? If so, please explain.