Intern - Facilities
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Ballpark Operations Interns will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a Ballpark Operations Department. They will be an integral game-day point-of-contact for a variety of inter-departmental and extra-departmental requests and support the entire department in the successful implementation and management of game-day operations and events. The Ballpark Operations Intern will primarily support game-day operations and the facilities readiness needs within the department. He/she will receive a diverse experience while also contributing greatly to the department’s effectiveness in running a world-class facility.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
The duration of the internship is from March through October of 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage game-day facilities checklists.
• Provide support in managing, and create reports for, service order completion rates, facilities checklist timelines and lighting readiness checks.
• Oversee game-day setups and activations.
• Research and propose sustainable initiatives to support the ballpark’s green program.
• Assist with all facility and related requirements.
• Manage special projects in support of facilities department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of two year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions;
• Strong organizational skills.
• Requires working on weekends and evenings on a regular basis.
• Experience with creating well-researched, data-driven and analytical reports.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Game-day Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through October, 2017?