Intern - Events
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Reporting to the Manager of Events, the Events Intern will support the event production process from inception to day-of event managing, on both game days and non-game days. The intern will support both the management of event set-up, and the planning and operating processes of events over the course of the season. The intern will work collaboratively with the events team to provide a variety of services including account management, event planning and execution, and game day and post-game event execution. Additionally, this intern will oversee the Nationals’ game day birthday party program during all weekend home games.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: January to November
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assistance with planning and coordination of non-baseball events at the park (including pre-game and post-game events on game days).
• Support the Ballpark Operations event staff to manage execution of all events to ensure efficient and high quality event production leading to customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of all pregame birthday parties.
• Attend and contribute in post-event debriefs.
• Oversee game day set-ups and activations, and non-game day event set-ups.
• Assist in labor tracking documentation.
• Manage special projects in support of facilities department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester, or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months
• Event Operations experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Available for entire term of internship
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Positive attitude with dedication to a well-executed final product
• Interest in event operations and management
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in January through November, 2017?