Intern - Entertainment
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2017 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Entertainment jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Entertainment postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The intern will assist the Entertainment department with all gameday aspects (booking Color Guards, sound checking Anthem performers, escorting First Pitch guests, etc). This position will also assist the Mascot Coordinator as needed. The intern will be responsible for booking a Color Guard for every game after the first homestand. He/She will contribute creative ideas for different executions of in-game elements. This position will also assist the Production department as needed.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet Anthem performers and assist with sound check.
• Assist Mascot Coordinator as needed.
• Book Color Guards for all home games.
• Problem Solve (because nothing ever goes as planned)
• Take part in creative meetings to be held throughout the season.
• Assist with Racing President ideas and creating Presidents costumes.
• Set-up Nat Pack room with each game’s prizes.
• Archive National Anthem demos
• Competent knowledge of baseball and the Nationals organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Interest in Sports Marketing, Entertainment, Baseball as a career preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Available for the entire term of the Internship
• Must possess interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Must have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
• Enjoys and demonstrates a passion for being a part of the Nationals organization and for the sport of baseball
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through October, 2017