Intern - Dream Foundation
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 1/9/2017 10:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Dream Foundation jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Dream Foundation postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Dream Foundation is committed to improving the lives of children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region by supporting initiatives focused on academics, the arts, nutrition and sports. Through the generosity of Nationals fans and corporate partners, the Dream Foundation is using the power of baseball to provide a world of opportunity for area youth. The intern will assist with preparation for special events including the annual Dream Gala, Foundation Day at Nationals Park, Jerseys Off Their Backs Raffle and smaller fundraisers, as well as with administrative tasks in the office, and may also assist in the fulfillment of experience packages (first pitch, etc.) at Nationals Park for auction winners on game days. The intern will be expected to provide day-of event assistance for the Dream Gala and other special events.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: January to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with silent auction preparation for the Dream Gala and smaller fundraisers
• Assist with preparation and execution of Foundation-related events at Nationals Park and other venues
• Assist with fulfillment of experience packages at Nationals Park on game days as needed
• Assist with maintaining an accurate inventory of Foundation merchandise and memorabilia
• Assist with general office work including mailings, donor contact, document production, date entry and filing
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester, or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months
• Prior office experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required
• Good communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, written) required
• Interest in sports philanthropy or nonprofit/charitable work preferred
• Day-of and preparatory special event experience preferred, particularly with charitable fundraisers
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in January through October, 2017?