Intern - Creative Services
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2017 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Creative Services jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Creative Services postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Intern will gain valuable experience working in marketing for a Major League Baseball team, assisting with various marketing initiatives including our advertising campaign, social media, concert promotion, game day initiatives and community events, in addition to the graphic design responsibilities. The position will be responsible for the high volume production of a wide range of design projects that support the sales, marketing and communications departments
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Main function: organization and management of photo archive
• Assist graphic design team in layout, design, proofing of creative projects including sales/marketing collateral, publications, online, etc.
• Good working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Pursuing a 4-year degree in Graphic Design or New Media.
• Graphic design graduate course work or a minimum of 1 year experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Working Knowlege of Photoshop and InDesign
• Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
• Must possess good decision-making skills and solid judgment.
• Must be dependable and trustworthy.
• Must present self in a professional manner and have the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through October, 2017