Intern - Corporate Partnerships
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Intern, Corporate Partnerships will gain a broad understanding of sports partnerships while assisting in various activities related to both sponsorship activation and sales. This opportunity will provide a fast paced, hands-on experience in developing and executing sponsorship activation programs. He/she will provide assistance with the coordination and facilitation of large game day partner activation programs. Additionally he/she will be assigned small scale game day responsibilities including promotions, hospitality and activations as needed. Assisting the sales team, the Intern will conduct research to aid in preparation for meetings with prospective partners and assist in the completion of new partner sales presentations. This experience is most suitable for someone interested in furthering a career in the sports sponsorship/marketing industry.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to November
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the coordination and execution of game day activation programs.
• Manage small scale game day promotions and activations (i.e. tabling, event set-up, hospitality and entertaining).
• Provide staff support at non game day partner events such as softball games, Nationals Partner Alliance events and other activities.
• Capture and manage photo documentation of all sponsor activation and signage.
• Conduct research on prospective corporate partners in preparation for upcoming sales presentations and meetings.
• Administrative tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Previous marketing experience/internship preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Available for the entire term of the Internship
• Desire and passion to work in sports sponsorship activation and/or sales.
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
• An effective communicator both orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and decorum when interacting with corporate partners.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office Suite required.
• Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Scarborough Research preferred.
• Competency in Adobe Photoshop and presentation building skills preferred.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position requires occasional weekend and/or evening work based upon the team's home game schedule.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through November, 2017?