Intern - Community Relations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2016 3:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Community Relations jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Community Relations postings
Full Time Paid Internship
The Washington Nationals are committed to enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the Washington, D.C. region. Our primary focus is on initiatives that honor military families, encourage youth participation in baseball and softball, and support K-12 education.
The Intern will gain experience working in the Community Relations department by developing a broader understanding of the organization’s outreach to the community.
This position will provide administrative and operational support to the Community Relations department. This intern will work from mid-January through early November. This is a paid internship that will require 34 hours a week, including nights and weekends based on the game schedule.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: January to November
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the fulfillment and distribution of autographed memorabilia and tickets to community groups;
• Assist in the implementation, tracking and reporting of all tickets donated through the Community Ticket Grant program;
• Receive and route incoming mail, phone, and e-mail requests, responding when appropriate;
• Assist in the planning and execution of Community Relations events and programming;
• Assist with gameday programming including meet and greets, VIP game-day experiences, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations;
• Join staff in meetings with community and civic groups;
• Other duties as assigned by the Community Relations department.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of one year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University, or a recent graduate;
• Graduate student with coursework in Sport Management or Community Outreach preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer) required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
• Must have the ability to appropriately handle challenging situations and coordinate large groups of people with customer service in mind;
• Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, and game day guests, and on occasion, players and their families;
• Ideal candidate will be a details-minded, energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality;
• Must demonstrate consistent and punctual attendance and be available for the duration of the internship;
• Interest in community relations work required;
• Working knowledge of Major League Baseball required;
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment, however the position will have gameday responsibilities that may include exposure to weather conditions including extreme temperatures;
• The position will require walking throughout the facility, as well as standing for extended periods of time;
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds;
• Must have a flexible schedule that allows for the possibility of working a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Do you have an interest in community relations? If yes, what do you expect to learn from this internship?
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in January through November, 2017?