Intern - Communications
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 1/10/2017 4:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Communications postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Communications Department works to promote and publicize the team’s off-field and business initiatives. The Communications intern will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a sports communications department. S/he will gain hands-on experience writing content for press and promotional materials as well as serving as an onsite PR assistant for games and events.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and compile daily media clips
• Help write press-related materials and create content for various promotional opportunities
• Research local/national media outlets and resources to build media lists
• Contact media regarding Nationals events and promotions
• Draft blog posts for Curly W Live
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited College or University and have completed one semester or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months).
• Public relations and/or communications-related focus is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Excellent writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office; writing portfolio will be required
• Social media experience is preferred
• Must be available for the entire term of the Internship.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through October, 2017?