Intern - Ballpark Enterprises
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals are committed to establishing Nationals Park as the premiere destination for special events in Washington, D.C. The Ballpark Enterprises intern will help the Department generate revenue by supporting the sales, marketing, and execution of non-game day events hosted at Nationals Park.
The Intern will gain experience in the events industry by working on administrative tasks and business development initiatives intended to increase department revenue and efficiencies. The intern will also contribute to carrying out large-scale events such as the Nationals Park concert series, DC Beer Festival, Congressional Baseball Game, etc.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: April to June
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with administrative tasks including processing paperwork, shipping, and purchasing
• Gather data from all lead sources and input into CRM
• Help maintain the net revenue database for all Nationals Park events
• Conduct periodic research to understand the D.C. events market and identify opportunities for sales team
• Support the sales team in planning and executing client site visits
• Support the sales team in planning and executing department prospecting events
• Contribute to event messaging platforms for large-scale events like the Nationals Park concert series
• Brainstorm new and unique concepts for special events to be hosted at Nationals Park
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience
• Interest in Event Sales preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Understanding of various marketing methods including social media, website, and email
• Prior experience working in the events, hospitality, and/or sports industry preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to analyze and present information in a clear and concise manner
• Strong data analysis preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in April through June, 2017?