Intern - Authentics Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This position, reporting to the Coordinator, Authentics, will work directly with the Nationals Authentics program. The duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting in the planning of game-used/memorabilia program throughout the 81 game season, monitoring player signings, managing inventory of items, assessing product needs and placing supply orders.
This person must maintain a high degree of professionalism, protecting the privacy and confidential nature of working with professional athletes.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to November
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Authentics Coordinator in planning game-used memorabilia and autograph signings with players
• Assist in the assessment of product needs/supplies and place orders accordingly
• Assist in the management of all inventory related to game-used and autographed memorabilia
• Work closely with MLB Authenticators in game day fulfilling requests
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• The ideal candidate would be pursuing a degree in business or Sports Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must have exceptional organizational and customer service skills
• A background in sports and knowledge of sports memorabilia a plus.
• Must be available to work all 81 home games and other marketing events which will include nights and weekends
• Must have a high degree of professionalism
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge and understanding of baseball
• Interest in sports marketing, entertainment, and baseball as a career preferred
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through November, 2017?