Intern - Advertising
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2016 8:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Advertising jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Advertising postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Intern will work directly with the Marketing & Advertising team to assist with managing advertising elements including broadcast reads, commercials, print ads, digital ads, email messages and community activations. The Marketing & Advertising Intern will be involved with every step of the advertising campaign process from idea generation, development, delivery and tracking.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to November
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in creating and programming broadcast live reads with local radio and television stations.
• Assist with programming radio and television commercials.
• Track radio and broadcast assets and compile weekly reports.
• Collect publications and examples of assets that contain Nationals advertisements.
• Assist with programming marketing messages for in-game placements.
• Assist with compiling email marketing content and proofreading messages.
• Compile and analyze results for digital display ads and email messages to identify issues, trends, opportunities and ROI.
• Assist with delivery of advertising collateral to the community and media partners.
• Assist with maintaining calendars for creative requests, email messages and event activations.
• Research best practices and compile advertising samples from other MLB clubs and sports teams.
• Assist with developing integrated marketing campaigns throughout the season and compile detailed summaries and results.
• Assist with other marketing duties and events as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Experience in a marketing related position preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
• Must possess good decision-making skills and solid judgment.
• Must be dependable and trustworthy.
• Must present self in a professional manner and have the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
• Must possess a strong ability to be responsible, manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clear goals and objectives.
• Must possess exceptional organizational skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) is preferred.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. In the space provided, let us know what you expect to learn from this internship.
2. Yes/No. Are you available to work 34 hours per week starting in March through November, 2017?