Intern - Advance Scouting
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2017 7:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Advance Scouting jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Advance Scouting postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Contribute to Washington Nationals Baseball Operations for the 2017 season as one of our highly valued interns. We’re looking for talented individuals who can contribute to the Nationals by specializing in work related to Advance Scouting. This internship is for the 2017 season and typically spans from Opening Day to November 1st. Decisions regarding the position will not be made until the Fall and Winter of 2016 and applicants being considered should not expect to be contacted before the end of the 2016 baseball season.
The Advance Scouting internship includes assisting the Advance Scouting department with preparing and organizing the Advance Report for Nationals’ opponents. This report provides information on opposing players and teams and requires attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure. The position also works closely with video.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage recurring tasks such as sending daily news briefings and preparing video playlists
• Collect and organize large amounts of information
• Support with general office work
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail
• Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively
• Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and use time efficiently
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Are you available to work a minimum of 34 hours per week between April 1 and November 1, 2017?