Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WCI Global Business Services Inc. seeks a Payroll Supervisor. The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for payroll administration, payroll audit, and the application of best practice payroll processes. He/she is highly knowledgeable in the entry, processing, and auditing of payroll data for entertainment industry. This individual will ensure required pay inputs, processing tasks, and outputs are processed on time to produce pay checks for employees. The Payroll Supervisor will compile, analyze, and document issues on payroll and related fiscal activities in order to identify systemic issues or problems and propose solutions. He/she will research and advise payroll staff on moderate to complex payroll inquiries from customers and stakeholders. This individual will support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors. He/she will participate in special projects when required.
• Work closely with Senior Manager and Manager, Payroll on payroll service delivery for the company.
• Ensure appropriate documentation for operational process and procedures are in place and adhered to as part of operations.
• Confirm required controls are validated and cleared as part of routine payroll processing; raise any exceptions or discrepancies as related to application and business controls to management.
• Ensure timely and accurate responses to field questions.
• Provide resolution to escalated operational or policy issues, from within the function.
• Manage payroll activities utilizing Workday Payroll including but not limited to:
• Ensure that payroll is processed in Workday according to the daily schedule, overseeing timely completion of tasks.
• Be subject matter expert and troubleshoot issues in the following areas:
• Loading Pay Input through Workday Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
• Making adjustments in time entries.
• Calculating Pay.
• Cancelling and/or Reversing payments.
• Calculate additional payroll-related items, including garnishments, adjustments, pension, etc.
• Calculating and enter retroactive pay changes.
• Absence and entitlement calculations for union employees.
• Keep payroll processing documentation up to date (e.g., processing schedule, checklist, DTPs).
• Complete and validate processes designed for control and compliance of payroll processing.
• Complete manual control activities, like reviewing audit reports, to ensure that payroll processes are in compliance.
• Validate completion of automated controls, where designed, to ensure that payroll processes are in compliance.
• Escalate issues related to control processes to managers and assist with seeking resolution.
• Research and respond to payroll related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Support the Payroll Manager with other projects and tasks as required.
• The position supervises others.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or related field or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
• CPP or related certification preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of operational process experience required, in payroll, finance, or related field.
• Strong Excel and data mining skills required.
• Experience managing a large team required.
• Experience with requirements and processes related to payroll processing required, including knowledge of unique groups like union and executive populations required.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Experience with audit and control procedures a plus.
• Experience with shared services and customer service operations a plus.
• Experience with Workday HR/Payroll preferred.
• Must be able to work under pressure in a high stress environment and make decisions quickly and with confidence while understanding of the impacts to the workers and business.
• Must be process-oriented and able to define a simple, standardized way to perform activities.
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have strong follow-through skills.
• Must have strong deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
• Must have strong organization skills.
• Must have proven successful customer service skills and be adept at diffusing difficult situations.
• Must be able to understand new or unfamiliar information or complex documents easily.
• Must be able to work effectively and form positive relationships with colleagues in external departments.
• Must have the ability to instill confidence and credibility with customers, peers and subordinates.
• Must be able to manage confidential payroll information and uphold the required security restrictions related to confidential pay details.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.