Manager, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2016 11:28:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Manager, Human Resources jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Human Resources postings
Full Time Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Manager, Human Resources. Day-to-day responsibilities will include providing support to client needs in the areas of recruitment, performance management, compensation, employee relations, employee engagement and learning & development. Provides recommendations to senior HR staff in designing and implementing programs and policies in support of creating high performing organizations.
• Works with assigned recruiters on professional and manager-level recruitment for Consumer Products and DC Entertainment. Ensures a diverse slate of candidates is presented for each position. Attends meetings with hiring managers/recruiters. Prepares and approves offers below the midpoint of the range. Obtains approval by VP and SVP for offers above midpoint of the range. Ensures background checks are completed and, if applicable, discusses any discrepancies with recruiter and Employee Relations.
• Works with VP and SVP in responding to employee performance concerns. Participates in employee counselings, performance improvement plans, investigations, terminations, etc.
• In conjunction with the HR VP, manages the annual TRP process for all divisions. This includes preliminary planning (data cleansing, role mapping, etc), attending meetings, providing guidance to planners, and generating reports.
• Builds and maintains solid relationships, working effectively with group leaders, management, and employees. Assists employees with mentoring and coaching, including career counseling. Manages the proposed reorganization/lay off cost analyses, processes and spreadsheets. Ensures required severance reports are generated, and agreements are monitored.
• Partners with the Vice President and Compensation regarding compensation issues and projects, such as developing job descriptions/ PAQs, salary justifications, and proposals (promotions, equity increases, etc.). Ensures guidelines are followed and equity is maintained.
• Manages and tracks all WBCP and DCE domestic headcount, including all associated reporting and analysis.
• Maintains and updates job descriptions. Sends them to hiring managers for review and makes appropriate changes prior to opening positions for recruitment. Maintains the integrity of the job description folders.
• Conducts exit interviews.
• Manages the Online Timesheet process. Liaises with project management team and business unit in the design, communication and administration of the OTA program. Prepares and delivers communications and FAQs regarding the program. Resolves discrepancies in policy and practice. Works with HR Specialist to ensure data is accurate. Approves time entries on behalf of supervisors when necessary.
• Manages the independent contractor process. Partners with division management to prepare independent contractor forms and works with legal and tax to obtain approvals. Reviews and approves requests submitted through the Contingent Workforce Tool (CWC).
• Responds to inquiries, and interprets and communicates department/corporate policies, and procedures. Composes and distributes management/employee communications. Participates in conducting divisional orientations and special programs.
• Manages special projects as assigned.
• College degree preferred.
• Human Resources related coursework or training programs strongly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years Human Resources or related experience required.
• Recruitment experience strongly preferred.
• Studio/entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in compensation, recruitment, organizational planning, organization development, employee engagement, and employee development.
• Effective and proven interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
• Familiar with complex and dynamic company structures.
• Able to apply common sense and logic to problems rather than relying on strict procedure.
• Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with management and staff at all levels.
• Strong technical skills in MS Word and Excel required (familiarity with formulas such as vlookups, conditional formatting, pivots and similar strongly preferred). Computer proficiency with PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, HR Systems (such as PeopleSoft, Workday), Payroll Systems (Extra), TRP, Org Plus, and various database/recruitment programs.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.