Manager, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2016 11:28:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Manager, Human Resources jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Human Resources postings
Full Time Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Human Resources to support the Warner Bros. Television Distribution department. Position serves as a business partner for day-to-day HR operations for the WB Television Groups. Manages and coordinates human resources activities such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training and employee services. Supports client groups by applying best-in-class HR principles around business planning, organizational design, company culture development, training and development, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, legal compliance, etc. Supports the VP, HR with ensuring consistency of HR operations across the television businesses and managing communications with the TV Group's population.
• Interprets HR policies, practices and company philosophy and ensures effective implementation and administration of the same within assigned client groups. Partners with VP, HR and Corp functions to gather information re: organizational perspective and impact, where needed. Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and local legislation and regulations to ensure compliance across client groups. Responds to inquiries regarding Company policies, procedures, and programs.
• Manages employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion. Serves as primary contact for receiving and investigating employee concerns. Conducts thorough and impartial investigations and determines solutions and/or necessary action. Counsels employees and/or managers regarding a variety of issues. Serves as advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues.
• Manages the performance management process through partnerships with management and executive staff. Coaches management on how to best communicate expectations and performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Develops performance plans to correct performance deficiencies, writes disciplinary documentation, partners with Corp. employment attorneys and handles necessary terminations.
• Works with managers and employees to ensure consistency of ongoing performance appraisal process, including Introductory/Performance process (''CHAT''). Educates management regarding the appraisal process and performance measurement criteria to ensure consistent application of the programs. Communicates timelines and measures completion, addressing any issues and ensuring consistency. Oversees the administration of the annual Total Rewards Planning programs to ensure equity.
• Works with supervisors, managers, and executives to help define and clarify roles and responsibilities. Partners with management regarding department organization and staff responsibilities to ensure effective utilization of resources. Reviews job descriptions and provides guidance and feedback regarding levels. Works with Compensation to level positions and review salary recommendations.
• Partners with divisional executives/supervisors and Manager Talent Acquisitions to coordinate recruitment efforts. Monitors key recruitment metrics and works with managers and recruiters to ensure clarity of roles and quality of hires.
• Works with management in client groups to identify soft and hard-skill development needs. Consults with Organizational Development for support where needed. Works with management to develop bench-strength in key areas and set effective succession plans. Provides career counseling for employees.
• Delivers employee separation notices and related documentation. Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations, position/organizational feedback, etc.
• Manages various projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years experience as an HR generalist required.
• Prior entertainment experience required, preferably supporting Television and/or Marketing businesses.
• Prior experience working in a large multinational company preferred
• Experience effectively coaching staff, employees, and executives required.
• Strong analytical abilities needed.
• Strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities.
• Prior experience managing a geographically dispersed team in different time zones preferred.
• Current working knowledge of federal and local employment-related legislation required.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.