Director, Employee Relations and Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2016 10:27:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Director, Employee Relations and Human Resources jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Employee Relations and Human Resources postings
Full Time Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Employee Relations and Human Resources to support the WBTV Production department. The Director of Employee Relations is the point of contact for all ER matters for Warner Bros Television, Warner Horizon, Alternative & Unscripted and Shed Media US. In addition to providing generalist support, investigates and resolves employment-related conflicts and claims while ensuring compliance with federal and state laws. This position will work with VP and Director of HR to ensure adherence to Company policies and initiatives and appropriate steps are taken within the production environment.
MORE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Responds to employee concerns and complaints of potential unlawful behavior, such as discrimination and harassment, by conducting internal investigations independently or in conjunction with supervisor and at the direction of employment counsel. During the investigation process: conducts intake meeting(s); witness interviews and conclusion meetings; interprets and analyzes data gathered.
• Makes recommendations to VP, HR regarding appropriate disciplinary action, including termination of employment as a result of misconduct and/or violation of company policy identified during an investigation. Composes written counseling and termination notices.
• Provides guidance and ensures compliance of company policies and procedures, as well as federal & state laws. Responds to employee inquiries regarding policy interpretation and serves as liaison between production and corporate departments.
• Makes training recommendations for production staff as a result of deficiencies identified during an investigation.
• Interprets HR policies, practices and company philosophy and ensures effective implementation and administration of the same within assigned client groups. Partners with VP to gather information re: organizational perspective and impact, where needed. Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and local legislation and regulations pertinent to the TV Groups, ensuring compliance across client groups.
• Oversees Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for the production population.
• Reviews job descriptions and provides guidance and feedback to clients. Ensures consistency of levels across client groups. Partners with Compensation to work on leveling of positions.
• Works with VP in planning and executing the HR functions during growth and reduction periods, including acquisitions. Duties include review and evaluate employee benefits, contracts and salary reviews.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE:
• From an education perspective, we'd strongly prefer candidates who have obtained a BA/BS degree. However, we are equally interested in candidates with an established track record of progressive experience in human resources and employee relations, regardless of education.
• From an experience perspective, we'd strongly prefer someone who has worked within the unique environment that is television production. This means that you're used to and thrive within a very fast paced environment and have comfort dealing with a unique, creative and sometimes remote employee base.
• You should have a successful track record in employee relations, seeing investigations through from intake to resolution. You should also have experience within a labor relations department and/or comfort partnering with such a department.
• You should have thorough knowledge of EEO policy and Sexual Harassment policy. You should also be comfortable facilitating training in these areas.
• You should be able to exhibit knowledge of federal/local laws governing employment issues (i.e., ADA, FMLA, Wage and hour laws, etc.).
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.