Corporate Responsibility - Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Corporate Responsibility – Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Department Name: Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, International
Reports to: Executive Director, Corporate Responsibility.
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. is a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company and a global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses. A Time Warner Company, Warner Bros. Entertainment stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature films to television, home entertainment/DVD, animation, product and brand licensing and interactive entertainment.
The Corporate Communications and Public Affairs team works to enhance and protect the company's reputation within the media, the communities in which we operate, government agencies, the general public and Warner Bros. employees. The team also helps to define and strategically position the company as a responsible corporate citizen that creates world-class entertainment for the global audience.
Primary purpose of role
• The Corporate Responsibility Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, Corporate Responsibility to assist with developing and implementing systems to ensure WB meets industry-recognised diversity & inclusion standards, such as those recently published by the BFI, and the management of the day-today in the running of the signature CR programmes: Warner Bros. Creative Talent (WBCT) and Impact.
• Ensure WB meets the new BFI Diversity Standards and criteria for BAFTA and other Awards eligibility by supporting cross divisional collaboration and reporting.
• Keep Senior Executives aware and informed about Diversity & Inclusion best practice.
Support the implementation and growth of strategic initiatives in International territories.
Continue to grow and evolve the company's CR programme across our International business.
• Manage WB's support for and contributions to charitable events and initiatives.
• Manage International involvement with WB's global events such as Global Volunteering Week and Earth Week.
• Communicate CR activity and strategic initiatives internally to staff and externally in the media.
• Track and support Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and progress across the WB Group of Businesses in the UK.
• Manage day-to-day running of Impact, making sure that regular giving and volunteering opportunities and content are updated on the online platform.
• Track employee participation, and answer queries from employees and charities.
• Manage Global Volunteering Week, engagement with Time Warner volunteer day and employee volunteering events such as the Sleep Out for Centrepoint.
• Keep track of the WBCT Alumni by handling queries and keeping in regular contact to monitor the success of the programme.
• Organise WBCT executive masterclasses with the Events Manager & PA to SVP.
• Support WBCT Executive mentors.
• Keep WBCT social media channels and website regularly updated and create PR opportunities.
• Support the promotion of ethical, responsible practice across WB's UK businesses, earning stakeholder trust and enhancing WB's ability to do business.
• Liaise closely with the US CC&PA team to ensure that International activities and plans remain in line with the company's global CR objectives
• Communicate the value and positive impact of the company's creativity in the marketplace, including driving WB Creative Talent and creating and maintaining core strategic partnerships with creative partners (Creative Skillset, RADA, BFI, Chickenshed Theatre Company).
• Liaise closely with WBUK's IMPACT charities, ensuring that the programme is operating effectively and that all activities, achievements and volunteering opportunities are well communicated to staff and supported to the highest degree.
• Build relationships with external organisations with whom WB has links.
• Act as the coordinator for company-wide fundraising initiatives, including all the key fundraisers in the UK (Comic Relief, Breast Cancer Awareness, BBC Children In Need etc).
• Research and write proposal documents, briefing materials, internal news on the company's CR activity.
• Manage invoices and donations from the UK Corporate Responsibility budget.
• Communicate the success of CR and Strategic initiatives internally and externally.
• Produce an annual report detailing the year's activities, investments and achievements.
Required qualifications/work experience
• Experience of Diversity & Inclusion in the Media & Entertainment industries.
• Experience in Corporate Responsibility and Communications, either in a business or charitable environment.
• Experience of working on all aspects of the CR function within an organisation.
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
• Sound understanding of Diversity & Inclusion best practice.
• Sound understanding of CR best practice.
• Knowledge and interest of the particular issues impacting the film, television and video games industries.
• Diplomacy skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Tenacious and determined.
• Ability to motivate and engage people, both internally and externally
• Internal negotiating skills.
• Attention to detail and excellent document drafting.
• Listening skills.
• An ability to integrate well into different business areas.
• Flexible and responsive to the business requirements.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Initiative and able to work with limited management but equally a strong team player.