Talent Development Artist - Modeling Trainee
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Talent Development Artist Program is available for recent graduates of undergraduate or graduate programs (within three years of graduation date) for a 3 or 6 month paid position at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Artist Program offers a chance to understand the depth of your new skills, refine and strengthen key areas, and apply your talents in our real world environment. Under the guidance of a Disney Mentor you will be immersed in our world of art and technology while being trained on production work-flows and tools.
The next session will begin in October! We will have opportunities for Modelers (Environment Focus Preferred) to join the program. The first three months of the Apprentice Program starts out as a Disney Animation trainee.
All positions are based in our Burbank, California studios. The deadline for applications is October 1, 2017, 11:59pm PST.
• Build complex set and prop models with organized, efficient, polygonal topology including: vehicles, buildings, plant life, terrain and complete master set environments. Models will need to be constructed to account for mechanical articulation when necessary.
• Create character models constructed with organized, polygonal topologies. Designs range from stylized cartoon characters to photo-realistic fantasy creatures.
• Complete complex organization and packaging of assets for efficient downstream consumption.
• Create Blend Shapes and Facial Modeling
• Work well in a collaborative environment.
• Able to take direction and feedback from coworkers, Leads, Supervisors and Directors.
• A thorough understanding of Maya.
• An understanding of ZBrush.
• A refined eye for appealing design.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Model Lead, CG Supervisor and feedback from the Art Director and Director(s).
• Willingness to seek out feedback from coworkers.
• Experience with Facial Modeling a plus.
• Previous experience with traditional 3D sculpting a plus.
• Strong knowledge of anatomy a plus.
• Life drawing and café sketches welcomed.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience desired.
A reel including wireframes, 2D design images the models were based on, and turnarounds of work are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and a reel break down.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.