Summer Intern - Technical VR Workflow Tools
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology Department develops software for our animated films. In this Summer internship you will work with our team to develop new tools and workflows that will investigate integrating virtual reality into our film making process. The intern will create a set of prototypes and explore a variety of approaches to assess usefulness and productivity.
The internship will be held at our Burbank, CA studio for a duration of 12 weeks beginning in the summer of 2017. Start dates can be flexible to accommodate academic schedules.
• Develop tools and libraries to pose, modify, and animate assets in VR
• Optimize the tool for high frame rate VR requirements
• Create a library to be reused on different prototypes
• Create clear documentation about the project both for developers and end users
• Assist artists on the usage of the new tools
• Document progress and results throughout the internship with a final presentation at the end
• Graduate student in computer graphics, computer science, or related field
• Experience with commercial VR Headsets
• Experience with real-time graphics engines, such as Unity or Unreal
• Strong C# skills
• Experience using third party APIs in the real-time engine
• Ability to effectively manage time over the course of a project
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic knowledge of the 3D Animation process
• Basic knowledge of Autodesk Maya or other 3D content creation package
• UI/UX Design
• Alternative interaction methods (e.g.- leap motion)
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.