Summer Intern - Technical Director
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2017 10:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Technical Director jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Technical Director postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
2017 Walt Disney Animation Studio Summer Intern - Technical Director (TD)
Production Tool Design
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting internship opportunity in the Technical Director group located in Burbank, CA beginning June 6, 2017 for 12 weeks.
Technical Directors are stewards of the production pipeline. They strategize solutions to a range of production and pipeline issues. TDs use their knowledge of the production process and technical skills to write scripts, adapt tools, and modify workflows in support of artistic endeavors.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to design an intuitive and artistic set dressing tool to be used by the Modeling department during set authoring. The goal for the summer is to architect a set dressing suite that can allow modelers to build environments fast and efficiently with a focus on incorporating painting techniques and rigid body collisions into the set dressing process.
• Engage with artists to understand the current tool set and processes.
• Work iteratively with TDs and artists to come up with an efficient workflow.
• Piece together the design logic needed for the project making correct use of in-house libraries and utilities.
• Design an interface for ease of use.
• Setup documentation.
• Undergraduate or graduate student in computer science or a related field of study.
• Classwork or research related to graphical user interface or user experience design.
• Strong working knowledge of python and pyQT and experience programming in Linux or other Unix environment.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work in a team setting.
• Familiarity with CG production processes and workflows is a plus.
The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM PST, January 29, 2017
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer