Summer Intern - Technical - Batched GPU Ray Traversal for Hyperion
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/18/2017 5:02:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Technical - Batched GPU Ray Traversal for Hyperion jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Technical - Batched GPU Ray Traversal for Hyperion postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology Department develops software to support production of our animated films. The internship will be held at our Burbank, CA studio for 12 weeks beginning in the summer of 2017.
This intern project will investigate extending our batched ray traversal system for accelerating path tracing. The intern will research and investigate ways to leverage the unique properties and behaviors of our production renderer's batched ray traversal system to take advantage of state-of-the-art work in fast ray tracing. The goal of the project is to produce faster ray traversal techniques that can improve interactivity when rendering production assets on local artists machines.
• Investigate and evaluate state-of-the-art traversal algorithms and libraries
• Research and evaluate different accelerator systems currently available, development tooling and platforms, etc.
• Design potential strategies for integrating different techniques and systems into our production renderer
• Prototype strategies outlined in previous step
• Measure and evaluate memory bandwidth, runtime efficiency, total performance impacts, etc.
• Prepare presentation with conclusive recommendations on future work
• Maintain continual project updates via internal blog and collaboration with our engineers
• Collaboratively publish if appropriate
• Masters or PhD candidate with a focus on computer graphics
• CUDA or OpenCL experience
• C 11
• Strong desire to engage with different roles in technology and production to understand problem space, prior development, and production needs
• Experience with Monte-Carlo path tracing
• Experience with complex ray-traversal algorithms
• Experience with Embree or Optix
• Experience with accelerator coprocessors such as GPUs, FPGAs, or Xeon Phi
• Strong software engineering skills
• Comfortable in a collaborative environment and also able to self-manage and work independently
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.