Summer Intern - Modeler
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Expand your skill set into the world of animation! Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is an eight-week experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. As a Walt Disney Animation Studios intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of art, storytelling, and filmmaking. This immersive program offers hands-on experience focused on individual craft and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
The 2017 Summer Intern program will be held at our Burbank, CA studio starting June 2017. To qualify for the summer program, you must be returning to school in the fall.
Modelers build complex 3D models including organic characters and articulated set and prop models. These artists work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
• Strong working knowledge/ understanding of Maya as well as current modeling software (Z-Brush, Mudbox)
• A reel including wireframes and turnarounds of work are requested for review. If possible please include original artwork alongside turnaround
• Experience with Blend Shapes
• Experience with Facial Modeling
• Scripting (MEL, PERL, CSH) background a plus
• Previous experience with traditional 3D sculpting a plus
• Knowledge of anatomy a plus
• Problem solving skills and a good eye for appeal required
How to Apply:
• Create or update your profile and apply online
• If you are submitting a reel or portfolio visit our Portfolio & Reel Tips FAQs
• Reel or portfolio (if applicable)
• Shot breakdown (if submitting a reel)
• Letter of recommendation from an advisor, faculty or professional alliance
The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM PST, January 16, 2017
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer