Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Animation Studios first developed the craft of storyboarding in the 1930s to explore ideas and bring them to visual life. Over 90 years later, we still value the power of a well-crafted story and strive to knock our audience's socks off with every film.
We're currently looking for a few good Story Artists to join us in our long-running legacy of touching audiences worldwide through a diverse array of memorable characters and emotional stories.
Come work with a passionate team who push and inspire each other to solve creative challenges and support each other's craft to be all that it can be. The funnier and more inventive you are, all the better because we're not just looking for dynamo artists, but original filmmakers with a mind for character, ready to roll up their sleeves and invest their boards with an abundance of entertainment. We encourage all our artists to contribute to the creative decision making in our story rooms, so if you have a point of view, all the better-we want you to express yourself artistically and personally help shape our films! If this sounds like the studio experience you've been waiting for, then keep on reading!
• Collaborate directly with Directors, Heads of Story, and other artists across departments to brainstorm ideas, shape our films through visual sequences, and develop cinematography, staging, and cutting
• A sensibility and knowledge of how to best serve the structure of a movie, from the overall theme to the individual scene and an awareness of where to add emotion or humor as necessary to the story
• Tackle challenging story and structure problems and maximize entertainment value where needed
• Ability to work collaboratively
• At least 7 years professional experience required, Feature Animation experience preferred
• Ability to work digitally preferred
• Ability to create action, humor, and emotional dimension expressed through drawing
• Experience on multiple Feature Films, Television Series, Comics, or Games as a Story Artist
• Strong drawing skills with a sense of design, appeal, character acting, and composition
• Understanding of cinematic scene and dramatic structure
• Bachelors degree preferred
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.