Senior Software Engineer - Media Management, Playback and Review Tools
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Studio Tools Group located in Burbank, CA.
Software Engineers are responsible for analyzing production procedures and problems, evaluating the effectiveness of existing solutions, making recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and workflow, and developing software tools for artist workflows. In this specific role, you will be working with artists, production management, technical directors, and other software engineers to define the next generation of Media Management, Playback/Review, Story and Editorial Tools to be used in filmmaking at Walt Disney Animation Studio.
• Develop rich, intuitive user interfaces through traditional widget based UIs as well as gesture based UIs for mobile devices.
• Develop MacOS Desktop as well as iOS Applications for use in Daily Reviews, Editorial and Story Departments using Objective-C, Cocoa, iOS, Swift, C .
• Develop back-end data management solutions utilizing both SQL and NoSQL databases, cloud storage services such as Amazon S3 and encrypted transport.
• Write plugins using Python, C , OpenGL, and QT to enhance the capabilities of our standard flip-book player, Autodesk's RV.
• Define, develop and maintain REST based interfaces.
• In an agile-scrum environment, work with a small team to collaboratively achieve results.
• Evangelize new technologies and techniques to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
Walt Disney Animation Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer