Senior Software Engineer - Media Management, Playback and Review Tools
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Media Management, Playback and Review Tools Group located in Burbank, CA.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS are responsible for analyzing production procedures and problems, evaluating the effectiveness of existing solutions, making recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and workflow, and developing software tools for artist workflows. In this specific role, you will be working with artists, production management, technical directors, and other software engineers to define the next generation of Media Management, Playback and Review Tools to be used in film making at Walt Disney Animation Studio.
• Develop rich, intuitive user interfaces through traditional widget based UIs as well as gesture based UIs for mobile devices.
• Develop back-end data management solutions utilizing both SQL and NoSQL databases, cloud storage services such as Amazon S3 and encrypted transport.
• Develop sophisticated taxonomy software that can be used to associate media assets for different purposes.
• Write plugins using Python and QT to enhance the capabilities of our standard flip-book player, Autodesk's RV.
• Working with the Product Owner, analyze production workflows and needs to propose new tools and workflows.
• In an agile-scrum environment work with a small team to collaboratively achieve results.
• Evangelize new technologies and techniques to both production and technical colleagues.