Look Development Artist
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Do you have creative critical thinking skills? Can you deconstruct materials and groom digital hair? Have you tackled populating huge sets with procedural grass, foliage, and debris? Well, you're in luck because we need Look Development Artists!
Walt Disney Animation Studios is looking to fill Look Development Artist positions at our Burbank, CA studio, and if you've answered "yes" to the above questions, then please read on!
• Work closely with Asset Supervisors, Studio Department Leaders, and other members of the production team to develop the realized look of CG films
• Translate reference into film quality assets for shot rendering
• Solve technical and artistic rendering problems
• Bachelors degree in Digital Art, Computer Graphics, related field or equivalent work experience
• 4 years experience on multiple Feature Films and/or Television Series as a Look Development artist
• Knowledge of CG materials and an awareness of procedural geometry
• Proficiency in texturing and digital painting
• Linux experience
• Basic CG grooming skills
• Maya experience
• Ability to solve artistic CG problems
• Strong technical skills with an art-directable aesthetic sense
• Advanced understanding of the CG production pipeline
• Ability to work closely with others in a collaborative environment
• Rendering, shader-writing and scripting knowledge is beneficial
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.