Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is an integral position of leadership in the company's financial management - responsible for seeking creative ways to optimize current performance and driving earnings growth across each of the company's business units. The VP manages a staff of ''embedded'' finance directors who are aligned with the company's line management and are engaged in developing business plans, evaluating performance relative to targets and – perhaps most importantly - identifying opportunities to improve performance. In this capacity, the VP serves as a business partner to the CFO/financial management of WWE as well as to the leadership of the company's operating units.
Key aspects of the role include the exercise of financial analytic and influencing skills to guide his/her staff of FP&A Directors in the development of new business plans/expense saving initiatives as well as to support optimal business decisions.
• Guide development of the Company's annual operating plan, long-term plan, and monthly financial forecasts; identify and secure consensus regarding key assumptions
• Support the development/communication of financial reviews that describe business results; highlight operating issues and facilitate discussion of key initiatives
• Facilitate analysis of financial results and operating performance relative to company targets and peer/industry benchmarks (identify measures to enhance forecast accuracy)
• Work with management and FP&A staff to identify ''gaps'' to stated financial objectives and to identify/evaluate gap closing measures
• Manage identification/evaluation of opportunities to improve business performance, including the development of comprehensive business plans/models
• Review company presentations to equity analysts and investors
• Provide thoughtful leadership to a diverse team, serving multiple business units while also providing meaningful decision-making support and business intelligence, as well as board reporting preparation, financial forecasts, and financial and operational metrics
• Extensive (10 years') experience as a finance executive/professional in a financial, budgeting and planning & analysis role within a dynamic, fast-paced, working environment
• MBA with business, financial, and analytic expertise characteristic of investment banking, consulting, and/or financial planning
• Proven track record of creative problem solving and change management
• Strong leading, coaching, analytic, and influencing skills
• Knowledge of the entertainment/media industry, including content and media rights, subscription and programming business models
• Able to manage and motivate a staff of financial professionals and to guide analysis of complex issues (including collection and synthesis of internal and external data)
• Proven history of working with and effectively influencing executive management
• Skilled in designing effective presentations with clear narrative and impactful graphics
• Experience as a hands on, roll-up-your-sleeves player-coach with the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports, and peers alike
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive attitude, coupled with flawless execution skills
• Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.