Senior Vice President, Global Content Distribution & Business Development
Full Time Job
Reporting to the EVP, Corporate Strategy & Analytics, WWE is seeking to hire the SVP of Global Content Distribution and Business Development based at its headquarters in Stamford, CT. This leader will be responsible for leading, optimizing and implementing the company's global content distribution and business development strategies, with a primary focus on revenue and audience growth through television and digital license agreements, WWE Network partnerships, and new content monetization opportunities. Within WWE's matrix structure, this role will interface extensively with global commercial teams and other key executives of the company, as well as directly oversee a team in Stamford, CT and regional heads located in key international markets. While this position will have significant travel (~20%), there is also a clear expectation that this leader will be a strong global voice by providing a deep connection to the executive team in the US.
• Work closely with executive team and local market heads within matrix organization structure to establish global content distribution strategy across all platforms (TV, digital, mobile, AVOD, SVOD) inclusive of tailored and iterative market-by-market approach to revenue, audience and brand growth.
• Lead content distribution deals from inception to close, including developing and implementing high-impact negotiating strategies, leading negotiations, providing thought leadership in benchmarking to competitive content properties and developing KPIs to measure internal and partner success (e.g., GRPs, dollars per viewer hour, CPMs, etc.), partnering with executive team and division heads to foster alignment across all lines of business, and working directly with Legal and Business Affairs to facilitate optimal deal structure, papering and execution.
• Initiate and pursue business development opportunities that enhance and align with company growth objectives; lead all aspects of deal execution including research of partners/opportunities, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation, and industry due diligence; provide business development support to global business units in areas of deal evaluation, structuring, and negotiations.
• Serve as key senior executive contact to manage content and business development partnerships, and lead team in delivering outstanding day-to-day support, in coordination with key business units (TV, Digital, Social, Marketing, Strategy, FP&A, etc.).
• Serve as executive owner of content distribution and business development P&Ls, annual budgeting and planning process and monthly forecasting.
• Lead, manage, coach and develop a high performing team in the US and across international markets.
• Be a successful and proven executive with 15 years of industry experience in global sports content licensing, or a related media/entertainment segment, having held a similar role with another global multi-media company.
• Bring deep knowledge of and contacts in global television, digital and content distribution; have an extensive understanding of the competitive landscape and global business environment impacting the sports, media and entertainment industries.
• Have a track record of global experience and successful deal-making which is critical to this role as the organization continues to expand into new markets.
• Have outstanding financial, analytical, negotiating and creative problem-solving skills that result in successful partnerships across key KPIs, with an affinity for defining content value and competitive positioning.
• Demonstrate a natural ability to think strategically and structurally, while serving as an inspirational and motivating manager of people – across time zones and cultures.
• Bring excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to seamlessly multi-task and lead multiple high-priority, time-sensitive initiatives in parallel.
• Be an outstanding communicator, presenter and collaborator, with the experience and ability to effectively influence at all levels both internally and externally, particularly within a matrix structure.
• Thrive in fast-paced and extremely dynamic environments with the ability to be self-sufficient, proactive and embrace uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Bilingual skills preferred
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays
• BA Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.