Senior Engineer, Broadcast Engineering
Full Time Job
Based in Stamford, CT, WWE is seeking a Senior Broadcast Engineer. This individual will be responsible for providing mission critical technical support for live studio productions as well as transmission workflows. He/she is required to have a broad understanding of Production technologies and willing to learn new ones. Must be a team player and communicate well with their peers and production staff.
• Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and repair of various equipment including Broadcast, IT, Studio and transmission technologies. Equipment includes Grass Valley switchers, Ross Xpression, RTS communications system, Ross Virtual Studio, Euphonix audio boards, EVS, Evertz Magnum, Multi Image, and terminal gear.
• Perform system checks and maintenance schedules to ensure equipment is well maintained and performing as expected.
• Work with operations and production to design workflows utilizing existing and new equipment.
• Create SOPs for existing and new workflows
• Work on integration, and projects or other tasks as assigned by Director of Engineering. Interface with production
• Support live production equipment including RTS Intercom System, Grass Valley switchers, Ross Xpression, and Ross virtual studio.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting Engineering Department.
• Willing to work on off-hours when required.
• Robust knowledge and understanding of Live HD studio productions, transmission signal flows, IRDs, Character Generators, and Live audio rooms.
• Deep understanding of transmission signal flow, including configuration of Encoders and Decoders, Fiber and Satellite distribution.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule in support of a 24x7 operation.
• Proficient at communicating both problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will help develop new processes, technologies and techniques which will help to improve the running of the facility.
• Experience and understanding of Evertz Vista link and Ross Dashboard.
• Experience with broadcast/production equipment including tape machines, displays, routers, rasterizers, and other peripherals.
• Must have strong technical skills and be self-motivated/resourceful to continually grow core competency.
• Must have excellent documentation and communication skills to facilitate effective results with staff and technology providers.
• Experience creating Autocad system drawings.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.