Senior Engineer, Broadcast Engineering
Full Time Job
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, you will provide mission critical technical support and leadership for upgrades, expansions, system administration, maintenance and failure recovery for the Production and Networking systems that comprise the WWE TV Production in Stamford, CT.
• Has robust knowledge and understanding of Live HD Studio productions, Core routing, terminal gear, Character Generators, multiple acquisition formats, Transmissions, and audio rooms.
• Responsible for specification, design, development and implementation of solutions for engineering or production requests that result in modifications, additions and enhancements to WWE Network's non-linear edit systems, storage solutions, file acquisition, file transcode, file transfer and media asset management systems
• Works with external providers to resolve technical and workflow issues with provided equipment and systems.
• Implementation of a routine preventative maintenance program, including software and hardware updates.
• Proficient at communicating both problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will help develop new processes, technologies and techniques which will help to improve the running of the facility.
• Work on integration, and system integration projects or other tasks as assigned by Director of Engineering.
• Willingness to explore and design new technically to support future broadcast standards.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 7 years of experience supporting Broadcast systems.
• Project oversight to ensure timelines are meet and issues are solved quickly.
• Deep understanding of AutoCAD and broadcast diagrams
• Provide support for broadcast systems including but not limited to Evertz Magnum, Multi Image, terminal gear, Euphonix audio boards, Grass Valley switchers, EVS, Ross Xpressions, Ross Virtual Studio, and RTS communications system
• Experience and understanding of Evertz Vista link and Ross Dashboard
• Experience with broadcast/production equipment including tape machines, displays, routers, rasterizers, and other peripherals
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule in support of a 24x7 operation
• Must have strong technical skills and be self-motivated/resourceful to continually grow core competency.
• Strong understanding of Apple OS X, Microsoft Windows 7 and Server Operating Systems.
• Must have excellent documentation and communication skills to facilitate effective results with staff and technology providers.
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.