Manager, Business Affairs
WWELos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2017 1:20:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Business Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Business Affairs postings
Full Time Job
WWE Studios is seeking a Manager, Business Affairs. This position reports to the SVP of Business Affairs & Operations and is responsible for supporting all aspects of business and legal support pertaining to the financing, development, acquisition, production and distribution of WWE Studios films.
• Structure, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements relating to the production and development of feature films, including option agreements, talent agreements (writer, director, ATL crew), chain of title documents, etc.
• Provide analysis and advice in connection with intellectual property matters (chain of title, trademarks, copyrights), claims, production clearances (defamation, rights of publicity and privacy), and other matters
• Analyze and summarize deal terms for Studio executives
• Manage delivery and compliance for WWE Studios' credit facility
• Oversee legal delivery to distribution partners and international sales agents
• Maintain the division-wide rights management system (FilmTrack)
• Office management including quarterly meetings with the building manager and or vendors to submit and resolve required repairs
• Disseminate facility communications to the WWE Studios, Entertainment Relations, & Live Events teams.
• Coordinate with WWE IT and Facilities to address communications and technology challenges
• Qualified candidates must be members of the California Bar
• 2 years of relevant experience (ideally in a network, studio, entertainment law firm, talent agency or production company environment)
• A strong background in copyright law and intellectual property matters is preferred
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously
• Experience managing contracts pertaining to joint ventures and talent agreements
• Can-do, flexible attitude with a good balance of business knowledge and common sense
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills are also a must
• Detail-oriented with strong project management and problem solving skills
• Responsible, reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to work flexible hours and 24/7 on-call availability as required
• The business and legal affairs department works in a highly collaborative manner. The ideal candidate will have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented spirit – and a flexible and practical approach to problem solving
• JD required
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.